Friday, April 29, 2011

AAA Complaint, AAA Washington, AAA Seattle


I had a dead bettery yesterday and was stuck at the Westfield Southcenter Mall, and I called AAA Washington for a battery jump.

I was told I was 1 day from my membership starting.

A little background- I had AAA Arizona, and moved to the Seattle area and transferred my membership.
I was told it was transferred and even had a letter stating as such.

Now when I needed to use it, I was 1 day away from my membership being active here?, and they wanted my credit card. I already upgraded my membership in October, and I wasn't doing it again. I couldn't anyways as I did not have a credit card with me. I was told specifically that I could use the Washington AAA since it was transferred and they sent me my new card. I didn't even have the Arizona AAA card anymore.

I hung up and called a family member.
I should have sat there until midnight and then had them come out. That would have been weird.

Not very good business practices. Shame on you AAA Washington.

5/26/11- Found out  my Membership was active until 4/30/11, so I had coverage with AAA and they tried to make me pay again.


/\/\Carla/\/\

1 comment:

  1. Another thing to watch when you get your AAA invoice. If you paid with a credit card, they will automatically try to charge it for the next renewal. Personally I wanted to pay with cash off of a debit card and had them try billing a credit card. Luckily the exp date was past. I think I will drop this at this point now as I have motorist assistance thru my car insurance.

    /\/\Carla/\/\

    ReplyDelete