Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mystery Helicopter Federal Way WA

A mystery helicopter has been circling the North Federal Way Washington area for over an hour now.

Helicopter is light grey with 3 dark blue stripes on upper body. Call sign is up near blades also. Starts with N, ends with Y. It was straight up from me, so couldn't see call sign letters. Looks like it has some interest with I-5 freeway. Either has camera or FLIR on front.

Federal Way PD has no idea about it.
Perhaps is a News Helicopter but no news markings.

I can still hear it. It circled over my home at least 6 times. I am right next to I-5 behind trees.

/\/\Carla/\/\
------------------
Might be the Seattle DEA Helicopter - not entirely sure on it, but the call letters were in proper spot, and has similar striping.

Carla

6 comments:

  1. i was by the 7/11 on military road a little past 4 o'clock and a few police cars were driving in that direccion, with ligths and siren on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a Sheriff helicopter in the sky for quite a long while yesterday (9-14-11). I noticed the helicopter at 4:40pm. There were several Sheriff/Police as well as they were serving warrants and arresting several people. One of them was called "Fathead". It was happening at the 7-Eleven store on 288th & Military Rd in Federal Way.

    Thanks for the comment.

    /\/\Carla/\/\

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, found out what the arrests were about. They were suspects possibly involved in the shooting that happned a while ago at the Lowrider Car show.

    I actually considered going to that show. Glad I didn't.

    /\/\Carla/\/\

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can read the post for the arrests here:

    http://federalwaywa.blogspot.com/2011/09/la-plaza-kent-wa-kent-car-show-shooting.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a News Helicopter today. It was hovering near I-5 since there was a nasty accident.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last night's helicopter in Federal Way had FLIR on it (infrared to see heat signatures), as they were looking for a crime suspect across the street from me. There was a police helicopter, 2 dogs, and lots of police.

    ReplyDelete