Friday, August 5, 2011

Alpha Ecological Reviews, Alpha Ecological Vancouver WA, Seattle

8/4/11 - I noticed what I thought were bees going into the wood of my home under a bay window. Called Alpha Ecological Seattle (they are actually in Vancouver WA). Called them for bee control or bee removal. They quoted me a decent price of $186 ($50 off right now). Came to $198.67 with tax. Set appointment for next day for 11am to 2pm time slot.

8/5/11- I unlocked the gate and there were a lot of them flying around and going into the nest. One of them landed on me. Tony with Alpha Ecological came out right around 11am. He looked at it and determined they were Hornets (Wasps). Told him to go ahead and do hornet control / wasp control. He put on a white suit and sprayed a white powder into the nest. He got the right spot as some of the hornets came out completely white/dusted. He also put some chemical along the wood seam. He told me to give it at least a week as this will start killing the ones in the nest and repel ones coming back. Many of them were outside at the time, so they had a big surprise waiting for them when they returned. He said they would treat as many times as needed in 30 days, but to give it some time to work. He told me to wait at least a month before we sealed it up.

Tony was very professional and nice. I had no problems. Price was decent. Tony was on time
I will wait and see how this works, but at this point I am pleased with their service.




Rating: A+

Please feel free to leave your comments.


/\/\Carla/\/\

4 comments:

  1. I did not see any hornets the following day. Will review over upcoming week.

    /\/\Carla/\/\

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been several days and no hornets/no wasps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hornets came back on the 2nd time, but its not been very many and it's starting to cool off now so they are not too active.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 2nd time (2nd hornet next) didn't take. Hornets still alive. NOt seeing too many now though.

    /\/\Carla/\/\

    ReplyDelete